1. Be aware of your surroundings and protect personal space at the
ATM and registers.
2. Inspect ATMs and points of sale terminals and look for tampering
before swiping cards.
3. Keep cards in sight when paying to deter dishonest cashiers.
4. Store all receipts and closely check your monthly statements to
1. Be sure your anti-virus software is installed properly and up-to-date.
2. Shop with retailers who you trust and who have a positive Better
Business Bureau rating.
3. Avoid links. Instead, visit shopping sites by directly typing in their
4. Don’t purchase items while using public computers or shared