The Bad Stewards


The human race is sort of like a spoiled rich brat, that inherited a fortune and blew it all on wine, debauchery and song, only to die penniless in the street.  Thing is, only about 20% of us got the bank account number, and we’re taking the other 80% right into the gutter with us.

Damn Fertile Crescent.  Hadn’t been for that we’d have remained hunter-gatherers a lot longer, and might have learned enough about being human to have bypassed this destructive stage.

Happy Monday.

Advertisements

Author: Bill

Old guy. Native Floridian who likes to take a snapshot now and then.

1 thought on “The Bad Stewards”

  1. I don’t think the lack of the Fertile Crescent would have made that much difference in the long run. Most early tribes / groups of Man were nomadic and seems to me from my research that this nomadic life was due to having to move on as they over hunted each new area.

    Not at all. The nomads moved with the seasons, following the animals and edible plants. Because they lacked sophisticated weapons, they mostly culled weak, lame and young animals when and as they could — which, as I am sure you know, tends to strengthen the strains in herd animals and simply keeps their numbers in check. All indications are that the diets of people in those days was primarily plant food, gathered during travel, and that meat was an occasional (but necessary) addition.

    Read some social anthropology, Guns, Germs and Steel, by Jared Diamond, would be a palatable place to begin, and get back to me.

Got an opinion? Keep it clean. Don't ask open-ended questions, like "Does the Pope belong to a coven?" Make it pertinent.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s